Monday, June 28, 2010

First Post!




Hi Everyone!

So I've decided to enter the blogging world...I will admit I'm a little nervous seeing that writing and grammar was never my favorite subject in school. If you must know...food was my favorite subject in school and continues to be the subject of my life. I've named my blog small helpings because I want to write a little bit about everything from sharing recipes, food stories/blurbs and my favorite restaurants and highlight small local businesses. I'm sure every now and then due to my occupation you will hear a lot of cake stories there will be happily ever after cakes and epic fails ha ha!

<------------See I'm "helping" my Mom...what a mess!






My love for food started pretty young I would help my Mom make supper every night. I had a variety of jobs from shucking corn, making salad, shaking up/dredging chicken & fish in flour. That was my favorite job...my Mom would take a little flour pour it in a paper bag and give me one piece of fish at a time and my job was shake it until the fish had a nice coat of flour. I would shake and dance around the kitchen (probably driving her a little crazy), but I had a lot of fun doing it.




I really believe that baking and loving food is in my blood. One of my great uncles owned a bakery, my Pepere was a cook in a hotel & a great home cook, my Dad worked nights in bakery before I was born & has one mean green thumb, my grandmother used to decorate all five of her kids birthday cakes and taught my Mom how to be a great cook, and my Aunt Carol is the Julia Child of the family. (Wow! That's a run on sentence if I've seen one). A little about me I'm a graduate from Johnson & Wales in Baking and Pastry Arts and I am currently a cake decorator for a small family owned bakery called Zaccagnini's Pastry Shoppe. In my free time I love to cook,bake and watch or read anything food related...oh yea and now writing about food!


That is just a teaspoon of my story...check back for more!


Sweet Regards,

Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment