Sunday, August 8, 2010







So we recently celebrated my Mom's 60th Birthday! I just wanted to share a quick a picture of her cake (pink ruffled one). Everyday I make a lot of cakes at work...but sometimes they can be a little boring...because we have signature style a the the bakery...typical flowers...balloons...etc. So When it came time to do my Mom's cake I thought it would be fun to incorporate my style cake! If I had my own cake shop I would have a more modern approach to decorating...not that that there is anything wrong with a butter cream rose, I think they look beautiful on any cake...I know of some snobby bakeries that say that butter cream flowers look cheesy or like grocery store cakes...I think the opposite if you can't make a beautiful butter cream flower you shouldn't own a bakery hahaha.


My other cake thought for the day....I know fondant is all the rage right now with cakes with the shows Cake Boss & Ace of Cakes...and people want sculptures and all sorts of crazy things...but what about a cake that just looks delicious? Don't get me wrong again...There is something to be said for beautiful 6 tier fondant wedding cake with string work and sugar flowers or a cake sculpted in the shape of the Millennium Falcon...but it doesn't scream I taste good.... I mean it is totally incredible edible art. I love an interesting project but sometimes I think a lot can be said for a cake that looks yummy. Just some cake for thought....I will also post a picture of my Dad's 60th Birthday Cake....which to me screamed I look delicious..but that was a cake disaster...a story for another day :)


Sweet Regards!
Carol








4 comments:

  1. Love the Blog!!! Congrats its gonna be fun!! Can I guest blog? LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey John! Thanks, of course you can guest blog! I'm hoping eventually I will do a blog about your restaurant :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so about that millenium falcon cake?? ; )
    kidding, kidding! totally agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol I love star wars as much as the next person...it just doesn't look tasty ;)

    ReplyDelete